TOMATO WORLD

A running pictorial of my back yard tomato garden...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Commerce, Texas, United States

Love to travel, eat strange foods and meet different peoples. Most of all I love my life, my wife, my children and my Grandchildren. Check out: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerrysthirdlife/

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What to plant?

Fielding more questions today. When I am deciding which tomato plants to put in my garden I plan for success. To do this I plant both determinates and indeterminates. Determinates produce lots of tomatoes at one time and the indeterminates produce fewer tomatoes but at different times so you have a constant supply of tomatoes coming off the vines. I also plant early producers like the Early Girl and mid to late producers. I hedge my bet my also putting in a more heat resistant tomato like the Celebrity or Solar Set. If I plant a grape or cherry tomato, I do have my favorites. I LOVE the TAMI-G Grape tomato. This is a wonderful producer that will fill your bucket all summer long. If I am planting a cherry tomato, it will be the Husky Cherry Red.

A well balanced choice of plants will ensure a more successful tomato production and keep you and your friends happy until the first freeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home